The Agenda can be read below or downloaded here: AG_2022_October 04 BPC
To all members of Blackawton Parish Council 29 September 2022
You are hereby summoned to attend the monthly meeting of Blackawton Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 4 October 2022 at 7:30 p.m. in Blackawton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
OPEN FORUM – The Chairman invites Questions from Parishioners
To receive apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of Members’ interests in Agenda items.
- Minutes of Previous Meetings
To approve minutes of the Meeting held 6 September and 26 September 2022.
- Report from South Hams District Council Councillor
- Report from Devon County Council Councillor
- Planning Applications
- SHDC Planning Decisions
To note the decisions as follows:
- 1709/22/FUL Watsons Farm Blackawton TQ9 7AZ . Construction of new dwelling (in lieu of application 1747/21/PDM which provides prior approval for the change of use of the agricultural building to 3no. dwellings). Conditional Approval.
- 2331/22/PDM Higher Pasture Farm East Allington TQ9 7QA. Application to determine if prior approval is required for proposed change of use of agricultural buildings to 5No. dwellinghouses (Class C3) and for associated operational development (Class Q (a+b)). Prior Approval Refused.
- 2437/22/CLP 3 Main Street Blackawton TQ9 7BG . Certificate of Lawfulness for Proposed use of existing utility area to habitable space & energy efficiency works to the building envelope. Cert of Lawfulness (Proposed) Certified.
- South West Water, Drainage and Wastewater Management Plan. Closes 7 October 2022.
- Habitat Boxes
To consider acceptance of proposed installation locations in the Churchyard.
- Yellow Rattle
To confirm expenditure to purchase seed.
- Carbon Savvy Course – To decide which option and to confirm arrangements.
- Blackawton’s Response to Power Provision Infrastructure during the Energy Transition – To discuss arrangements for a possible public meeting.
- SHDC Habitat Homes Grant – To recommend expenditure for £39.86 balance.
- Cemetery Maintenance – To agree arrangements for maintenance of the area at the rear of the Cemetery.
- Cost of Living Support – To discuss any actions available to BPC.
- Update on Current Financial Position
To receive reports.
- Payments & Receipts
To authorise the following payments:
- Community Heartbeat Trust, Annual Support grant, £198
- Clerk, Reimbursement of September office expenses, CE35 £13.98
To note payments made since the September meeting
- NEST Pension August, £35.35
- Clerk, September Salary and overtime, 443.01
- HMRC, September PAYE, £114.00
To note payments received:
- Precept second instalment, £8,750.00
- BPC Financial Regulations – To consider the proposed review.
- Bank Mandate – To agree to update the Mandate as required.
- Devon Community Resilience Forum virtual event 14-16 November
- Resident, Request help parish lengthsman, 5/9/22 – Passed on new Parish Lengthsman
- 29/9/22 Stagecoach, significant changes to local bus services from 30/10/22
- Next Meeting
To confirm the next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 1 November 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
PRESS AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE VERY WELCOME TO ATTEND