The agenda can be read below or downloaded here; AG_2023_February BPC
To all members of Blackawton Parish Council 2 February 2023
You are hereby summoned to attend the monthly meeting of Blackawton Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 7 February 2022 at 7:30 p.m. in Blackawton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
- Blackawton Playing Fields Committee’s Chair
- The BPC Chair invites Questions from Parishioners
To receive apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of Members’ interests in Agenda items
- Minutes of Previous Meetings
To approve minutes of the Meeting held 10 January and 23 January 2023.
- Report from South Hams District Council Councillor
- Report from Devon County Council Councillor
- Planning Applications
- SHDC Planning Decisions
To note the decisions as follows:
- 0067/23/COM The Firs Blackawton TQ9 7DE. Notice of Intent to Install Electronic Communication Apparatus Comprising Three Poles at 10.5 metres high (9 mtrs above ground). Permitted development.
- 3855/22/FUL Balsam Farm Vicarage Road Blackawton TQ9 7AY.Application to convert an outbuilding to ancillary living accommodation. Conditional Approval.
- 4274/22/ARC Watsons Farm Park Lane To Millcombe Cross Blackawton Devon TQ9 7AZ. Application for approval of details reserved by condition 3 (Landscaping/Tree Planting Scheme) and 4 (Bats Licence) of planning consent 1709/22/FUL. Discharge of condition Approved.
- 0054/23/ARC Watsons Farm Blackawton TQ9 7AZ. Application for approval of details reserved by condition 9 (Surface Water Drainage) of planning consent 1709/22/FUL. Discharge of condition Approved.
- Review of New Applications
To comment to SHDC on the following applications:
- 0149/23/AGR Land at SX 81747 50945 Blackawton. Application to determine if prior approval is required for proposed 10m x 4.26m propagation polytunnel & a 50m x 4.26m caterpillar tunnel.
- 0309/23/COM Middle Wadstray Farm Blackawton Totnes. Notice of Intent to Install Electronic Communication Apparatus Comprising existing EE/H3G 3 No. 4-Port CV65BSX-2X2 Antenna on 2.2m long support poles & Z-brackets fixed to headframe corners to be removed & replaced with 3 x panel antennas mounted on 3 x new MAFI 2.5m long 46.1×2.5mm CHS poles mounted to headframe corners using 6 new MAFI 3274 universal pole mounts, existing 3 x 2100 MHAS installed behind Antennas to be removed & replaced with 3 active routers & 3 x active routers &3 DTMSD installed new MAFI CHS pole using standard pole fixings & associated internal equipment upgrades.
- BPC Tree Planting & Tree Works
To consider the Report regarding the management of trees which are BPC’s responsibility.
- Cemetery Waste Management Plan
To consider the proposal circulated.
- Lamp Post in St Michael’s Churchyard
To consider a project to restore the lamp post.
- Blackawton Parish Lengthsman
To consider approval of proposed 23/26 contract hours, specifications, and contract.
- Maintenance Contract
To consider approval of proposed 23/26 contract, specifications, and contract.
- BPC Minute Books 1894 to 1997
To consider the proposal to transfer the books to Devon Archives and to post the electronic copies of the transcripts on the community website.
- Installation of WiFi in Blackawton Village Hall
To discuss an enquiry from a resident about BPC support to install WiFi in the Village Hall.
- Grant Request
To consider the application to BPC from FOBS for a grant to support the new gardening club at Blackawton Primary School.
- Update on Current Financial Position
To receive Reports.
- Payments & Receipts
To authorise the following payments
- Clerk, Office Expenses Reimbursement, £17.29
- Society of Local Council Clerks Annual Fee, pro-rata, £64.36
- Tindle Newspapers Devon Limited, Contracts advert, £118.80
- To consider the Clerk’s claim for overtime.
To note or consider:
- 6/1/22 Fallen tree FPO9 has been referred to DCC and cleared.
- 8/1/23 Cllr Mewes to South West Water, Request for a reply and asking about the management and environmental consequence of the collapse of the treatment tank foundation in December 2022.
- 30/1/23, Invitation. South Devon and Dartmoor Community Safety Partnership Annual Forum 22/3/23, 09.15 – 13.00 via Teams.
- To set dates: Annual Parish Meeting (1 April – 1 June) and Annual Meeting of the Council (May)
- Next Meeting
To confirm the next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 7 March 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
PRESS AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE VERY WELCOME TO ATTEND