Platinum Jubilee Events
Although some Platinum Jubilee celebrations will last all year, an extended bank holiday from Thursday 2 – Sunday 5 June will provide the best opportunity for communities to come together to celebrate. The 4 days of celebration will include public events and community activities alongside national moments on reflection.
Thursday 2 June includes:
- The Queen’s Birthday Parade where over 1400 parading soldiers, 200 horses and 400 musicians will come together as a Parade.
- Platinum Jubilee Beacons where the UK’s long tradition of celebrating Royal Jubilees, Weddings and Coronations with the lighting of beacons.
Friday 3 June includes:
- Service of Thanksgiving to be held at St Paul’s Cathedral.
Saturday 4 June includes:
- The Derby at Epsom Downs which Her Majesty The Queen and Members of the Royal Family will attend.
- Platinum Party at the Palace: a special live concert, staged and broadcast by the BBC, to bring together some of the world’s biggest entertainment stars to celebrate the most significant and joyous moments from the Queen’s reign.
Sunday 5 June includes:
- The Big Jubilee Lunch, a chance for communities to come together to celebrate at a street party, picnic, tea and cake, or a garden barbecue. More information on how to get involved with the Big Jubilee Lunch or a street party under the tab.
- Platinum Jubilee Pageant: a pageant featuring over 5000 people from across the UK and the Commonwealth will take place against the backdrop of Buckingham Palace to combine street arts, theatre, music, circus, carnival and costume.
Thank you to the Devon Association of Local Councils for the information above.