The Agenda can be downjloaded here: AG_2022_March BPC
or read below
To all members of Blackawton Parish Council 24 February 2022
You are hereby summoned to attend the monthly meeting of Blackawton Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 1 March 2022 at 7:30 p.m. in Blackawton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
Please do a rapid COVID 19 test if attending.
Note the COVID-19 precautions being taken by the meeting.
OPEN FORUM – The Chairman invites Questions from Parishioners
To receive apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of Councillors interests in Agenda items.
- Co-option of a Parish Councillor
To consider co-option to fill the vacancy.
- Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
To consider BPC’s support of the Celebrations.
- Minutes of Previous Meetings
To approve the Minutes of the Meeting held 1 February 2022.
- Report from South Hams District Council Councillor
- Report from Devon County Council Councillor
- Village Speed Limit – Extension beyond French Furze
To note the response from DCC regarding moving the village speed limit beyond entrance to French Furze.
- Designation of 20 mph speed limit for Blackawton Village
To consider submitting an application to DCC.
- Street Lighting
To note Cllr Brazil’s update and to agree the process to carry out a public consultation on proposals to remove or reduce street lighting in the village.
- Planning Issues
- SHDC Planning Approvals/Refusals
To note the decisions as follows:
- 2976/21/FUL Land at Greenslade House Greenslade Road Blackawton TQ9 7BP. Erection of new detached dwelling house including landscaping works. Conditional Approval.
- 4625/21/NMM Proposed Development At Sx 8074 5071 Blackawton. Non Material Minor amendment to planning consent 1972/17/FUL for reduction to front wall, minor window position amendments and new internal layout. Conditional Approval.
- Review of New Applications
- 0322/22/HHO Higher Hutcherleigh Blackawton Totnes TQ9 7AD. Householder application for extension to dwelling.
- 0227/22/PDM Barn at Dallacombe Farm, Blackawton, Totnes, TQ9 7AH. Application to determine if prior approval is required for a proposed change of use of agricultural building to 1No. dwellinghouse (Class C3) and associated operational development (Class Q (a +b)).
For information only.
- Dartmouth Neighbourhood Plan, Regulation 15 Consultation, Closes 8 April
- Lawyers in Local Government (LLG) and Association of Democratic Services (ADSO) Petition
To consider writing to support petition to change the law to allow remote and hybrid meetings.
- SHDC Homelessness Strategy Consultation, Closes 23 March
- Invitation Cabinet Office & UK Health Security Agency – Living with COVID-19, 2/3/22, 11:00
- French Furze Project
To consider authorisation of expenditure to obtain legal advice.
- French Furze Business Units
To note the visit to assess the business units in preparation for handover.
- Phone Kiosk Project
To agree the promotion of the project.
- Environment Policy Community Action Plan
To adopt the December 2021 revision.
- Encouraging our Councils to stop investing in fossil fuels
To consider the proposal to write to DCC and to SHDC as circulated.
- Lengthsman’s Contract
To confirm the renewal of the contract for one year 1/4/22-31/3/22
- Review of Procedures
To consider the proposed updated Standing Orders, Publication Scheme, and Financial Regulations.
- Update on Current Financial Position
To receive the Report.
- Payments & Receipts
- Clerk Expenses Reimbursement CE30 £17.86
To note receipts:
- Resident, Interment , £125.00
- To authorise the Clerk’s overtime claim.
- Purchase of a Parish Council Computer
To authorise expenditure.
- Hire of the Village Hall
To resolve to accept the revised Conditions of Hire.
To approve payment of the £50 security deposit.
- Speeding in Ashprington Parish
To consider the invitation of 7/2/22 from Ashprington Parish Council to take part in its review
- Annual Meeting of the Parish Council
To confirm that the AMPC will take place at the start of the monthly meeting on 10 May
- Annual Parish Meeting
To set the date for the APM (1 April – 1 June).
- Next Meeting
To confirm the next meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday 5 April 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
- Performance Appraisal and 21/22 Pay Increase
To consider a resolution to close the meeting to the public and press.
To consider the Review’s conclusions and recommendations.
PRESS AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE VERY WELCOME TO ATTEND