The Agenda for the Parish Council’s meeting on 3 November 2020 at 7:30 pm can be read below or downloaded as a pdf here: AG_2020_November BPC
To all members of Blackawton Parish Council 29 October 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend the monthly meeting of Blackawton Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 3 November 2020 at 7:30 p.m. using public videoconferencing for the purpose of transacting the following business.
OPEN FORUM – The Chairman invites Questions from Parishioners
To receive apologies for absence
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of Members’ interests in Agenda items
- Minutes of Previous Meetings
To approve minutes of the Meeting held 6 October 2020.
- COVID-19 Response
To review the project to ensure that residents and visitors have access to support and information.
- Report from Devon County Council Councillor
To note and agree any action necessary following verbal reports
- Report from South Hams District Council Councillor
To note and agree any action necessary following verbal report.
- Planning Issues
- SHDC Planning Approvals/Refusals
To note the decisions as follows:
- 0700/20/FUL Dartmouth Grove The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa Blackawton TQ9 7DE. Re-siting of existing Green Keeper’s outbuilding and compound and construction of 12 short term holiday lodges (lawfully caravans) and associated parking and landscaping. Conditional Approval.
- 3239/20/COM Stone Farm Blackawton Totnes TQ9 7DE. Notice of intention to install 1x 8m wooden pole (6.2m above ground). Permitted development.
- 3279/20/AGR Watsons Farm Buildings Blackawton TQ9 7AZ. Application to determine if prior approval is required for proposed new road to access farm buildings. Prior Approval Not required.
- Review of New Applications
To comment, with recommendations as necessary, to South Hams on the following applications:
- 3185/20/FUL Barn At SX 803 499 North Millcombe Farm Blackawton TQ9 7AE. Conversion of traditional stone barn to dwelling.
- 3243/20/ARC Blacksmiths Cottage Woodford Blackawton Devon. Application for approval of details reserved by condition 9 of Planning Application 0263/19/FUL.
- French Furze Project & Business Units
To receive report on meeting with Linden Homes.
To discuss the MUGA.
To discuss any other project issues and action required.
- Parish Lengthsman Report
To note the report and agree any actions required.
- EV Charging Points
To consider suitable sites for discussion with DCC.
- Churchyard Wall
To receive an update on the project to repair extensive loose stones on the churchyard wall’s capping, Cousins Cross entrance, and small area on Main Street wall.
- South West Water Sewage Overflow Incident
To receive an update.
- Update on Current Financial Position
To receive report.
- Payments for approval:
Parish Lengthsman, Works to 5/10/20, £240.00
Defibrillator, Maintenance agreement, £198.00
- To consider making a grant of £25 to the Royal British Legion
- Grant Application – To support the initial operations of the Blackawton Business Units
- Grant Application – Community Shop for transfer of website to be fully hosted by the Community site
- Grant Application – Blackawton Playing Fields Committee for tree removal
To note, and respond as necessary to, miscellaneous correspondence.
- 17/10/20, Local electricity bill, Suggestion for councillors to organise an online visit to MP’s constituency surgery
- 26/10/20 DCC, Safety tested reused TVs, vacuum cleaners and lamps available from some recycling centre resale shops
- 26/10/20 Libraries Unlimited, Request funds to refurbish the mobile library van
- Remembrance Sunday
To confirm BPC’s representative
- Reports from Parish Councillors and Wardens
To note, and agree action on, verbal reports.
- Next Meeting
To confirm the date for the next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 1 December 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
PRESS AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE VERY WELCOME TO ATTEND
The meeting will be held using Zoom videoconferencing.
Meeting ID: 831 6849 7317
To join the meeting:
Dial in by phone +44 203 481 5237
- You do not need to subscribe to Zoom to join the meeting.
- You will be held in an online ‘waiting area’ until the meeting starts.
- Please, if you can, turn your video on – not only would it be lovely to see you, but it really helps you to feel engaged with the meeting.