6 July 2020 – The Discretionary Grants Scheme for businesses affected by the Coronavirus outbreak ends this week.
If your business has not yet applied, please visit www.southhams.gov.uk/
The Government regulations which specified that Bed and Breakfast properties needed to have fewer than six bedspaces available has been relaxed. If a previous application was rejected on these grounds, or you did not apply because you believed you wouldn’t qualify, you can submit another application.
To be eligible for a grant ranging from £1,000 to £25,000, you should not have qualified for any other grant, other than the furloughed Job Retention Scheme or the Self‐Employed Income Support Scheme.
In line with government requirements, the following business types will be prioritised for funding support:
- Tourism based businesses who fit the criteria above;
- Food, drink and hospitality supply chain;
- Marine sector – such as ferry companies, sailing schools, power boat schools and marine services such as boat servicing. Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces.
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Bed and Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates; and
- Charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates Relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
To find out more and to apply for the Discretionary Grants, visit: